HS Sites and Exchanges
back to top
- Ruth's Hidradenitis links
- Hidradenitis - The Real Story - personal stories from HS sufferers.
- The HS Angel Network
Created to provide personalized community support. Provides a monthly newsletter.
- Wikipedia entry for Hidradenitis Suppurativa
- For discussion and chat groups, see the Online Support section.
- eMedicine - very comprehensive summary of HS medical information
- The Doctor's Doctor Hidradenitis page - another very complete reference
- Skinsite HS page
- A Treatment Challenge (pdf) - American Family Physician
- The Merck Manual of Diagnosis and Therapy
- Dermatlas - Johns Hopkins University Dermatology Image Atlas. Search for Hidradenitis.
- Staph may in some form or other be involved in the disease mechanism. If you are diagnosed as a carrier of the more serious form: MRSA (Methicillin Resistant Staphylococcus Aureus), read the CDC's MRSA Fact Sheet.
- General description from the dermatology channel
- NORD (National
Organization for Rare Disorders, Inc.)
Please visit often to stay abreast with general "Rare Disease" issues. Excellent website!
- ORD (Office
of Rare Diseases)
Here you can find information on more than 7,000 rare diseases, including current research, publications from scientific and medical journals, completed research, ongoing studies, and patient support groups.
- AARDA (American
Autoimmune Related Diseases Association)
Organization dedicated to bringing focus to autoimmunity through research, education and patient services.
- AAD (American Academy of
The American Academy of Dermatology is the largest, most influential and most representative of all dermatologic associations. With a membership of over 13,700, it represents virtually all practicing dermatologists in the United States.
- NIAMS (National
Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases)
Support research into the causes, treatment, and prevention of arthritis and musculoskeletal and skin diseases.
back to top
Disability / SSA related
- Social Security Administration
- hs-usa Social Security Info Sheet
- hs-usa forum topic on disability
- Helpingpatients.org - application for free prescriptions from PhRMA
- Needy Meds
- The Medicine Program
- Rx Outreach
- A survival guide for the uninsured
- Crohns Disease
Crohns and Collitis Foundation of America
United Ostomy Association, Inc.
Crohns Support Message Board on Yahoo!
- PCOS and Insulin Resistance
What is PCOS (by Dr. Thatcher)
WIKI article on IR
Description of androgen disorders
- Pilonidal Cysts
What is it?
Anemia.com has everything you should know about anemia
- Depression, Anxiety, Bipolar
Symptoms of Depression.
Depression can be treated!
Information from NAMI
American Foundation for Suicide Prevention (AFSP)
American Psychiatric Association (APA)
Anxiety Disorders Association of America (ADAA)
Families for Depression Awareness
- HSAUSNZ -
Group for Australia and New Zealand
- HSAUSNZ - Group for Australia and New Zealand
- Portugal / Brazil
- Hidrosadenite Supurativa FÃ³rum (Google Grupos)
- Ruth's MySpace blog
- Ignored by Oprah blog
- Lynette's HS and Fibromyalgia site.
- Brad's Radiation story blog
- Hughie's Fishing For a Recipe Book
- Barb's True Natural
Weight Loss system (for profit) has
helped her keep HS under control
(also see her success story)
- Trish's letter and plea
Webmasters, please, submit your link for inclusion in this page. Thank you