Medical care in the United States is truly admirable by both its advanced technologies used for the diagnosis and treatment of diseases, and rather impressive prices.
However, the high cost of treatment in US medical centers is often due to the equally high chances of a favorable outcome in the most complex invasive interventions:
- heart, lung, bone marrow transplants;
- operations on the brain and spinal cord;
- lesions of the central nervous system;
- cancer treatment;
- various types of therapy.
Features of treatment in the United States:
- the most modern equipment in the world is produced and used here.
- the highest requirements for the qualifications of medical staff.
- comfortable living conditions and professional patient care.
- doctors are responsible for the decisions they make (which is why the cost of treatment in the United States is so high).
Even in the United States, when a new drug or diagnostic equipment is invented, it does not appear in all clinics at the same time. Thanks to many years of experience in cooperation with leading medical institutions of the United States, when compiling a list of clinics that meet all the requirements of your request, people may take into account not only the cost of treatment in America, but also a number of other extremely important parameters.
The following factors require special attention:
- Technologies. Are the methods, equipment and drugs that can effectively help our client are used in a particular medical institution? Besides these technologies cost much, many people issue cash advance Salem Oregon to cover healthcare expenses.
- Communication. Degree of dependence of successful treatment on the language barrier.
- Conditions. In the United States, there is no practice of using rooms with a large number of patients, but there are still differences in the level of comfort in different medical institutions.
- Transportation. It is important that patients who choose treatment in the USA get to the necessary clinic without any problems, regardless of the severity of their condition.
- Climate. Clinics are selected that are geographically located in that part of the country where the climate is most suitable for the patient.
Advantages and Disadvantages of U.S. medical care and services
Priority for government
The development of health care is one of the priorities of the US government. In 2016, the expenses of the United States in this area amounted to $ 3.3 trillion, and per person it is $10,348, which is significantly higher than the expenses of other developed countries.
High positions in the field of medical tourism
The United States has achieved high rates in neurology, transplantation and oncology, heart and plastic surgery, and that is why America is one of the countries with highly developed medical tourism.
The latest technology for all residents of the country
Treatment of the population is carried out using the most advanced technologies. Equipment and medicines are constantly being updated, taking into account the world’s scientific developments and research. And even in small towns, medical institutions are provided with modern medicines and equipment as much as possible.
The value of a physician’s professional ethics
In addition to the fact that US doctors have a high social status, high salaries and a prestigious education, due to the multistage educational structure.
Disadvantages of US health care
There is practically no free medicine in the USA. Only the most vulnerable segments of the population receive treatment at the expense of the state: pensioners, people with low income, children, etc. For the average working US citizen, the cost of a health insurance policy costs an average of $250 to $400 per month. Find the way to cover these expenses with available lending options described on lakevieworegon.org.
Some part of the insurance may be covered by your employer. However, for an appointment with a doctor with a medical policy, you still need to pay an average of $50 to $100. Insurance in the USA does not cover 100% of a patient’s treatment.
Medicines by prescription only
Saving on “minor” diseases in the United States will not work either. When buying even the simplest cold medicine, you will be asked for a prescription that only a doctor can write down. Accordingly, with an “ordinary” cold, you will first have to go to the doctor, pay for the appointment, and then go to the pharmacy. Plus, drug prices in the United States are as high as the treatment itself, but health insurance can cover most of the drug costs.
Despite the fact that the United States has some shortcomings in the health care system, the government has made more and more attempts to reform the system in recent years, including reducing public spending on medical services. This means that in the near future there is a chance that the United States will become leaders in many world indicators in the field of healthcare.